Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kelly's Wedding Afghan

Ok, so I know I've been busy. I meant to post these the other day but then I ran out of time and had to dash out the door. So here are the pictures of the Comedy / Tragedy Mask Afghan. The center design is based on a washcloth pattern and the outside borders are just seed stitch and garter stitch. Chillin on the rocking chair at home.
Almost done and hanging on the couch at Loops.
All finished, laying over the couch at home. The faces don't show up very well in this picture, but the color is pretty true. As you can see in the last picture, I repeated the theatre mask design twice. If I had wanted to, I could have done a little less stockinette stitch on each end and repeated the design three times. I think it turned out really well and Kelly really seemed to love it. :-) I ended up giving it to her and Jason at the rehearsal dinner because I wanted to see them open it. Selfish of me, but whatever.

There is so much I am working on right now. Wedding presents for at least two other couples. three if I start the other thing I have in mind soon and some miscellaneous presents. I need to start my knit headband for the exchange I'm doing this month, sorry Stacy, I know you are much more on top of it than I am.

Well, I should go to work. Even though I don't want to. Humbug. But I guess I have to pay for the yarn somehow.

1 comment:

shelley said...

Nice! I'm sure they loved it =)
I am again trying to crochet--how easy is this tote-50sts, 86 rows, 3 balls Kureyon, fold the rectangle in half and sew up the sides and add a fat braided handle. But I wasn't even crocheting right. So Elaine helped me today while she was sinking even more $ into refrigerator repair.
Still caught up in the quick KnitPicks kitchen cotton grocery string bag, working on #3.