Saturday, July 9, 2011

Knitting Is My Drug

I am interrupting my slow accounting of our vacation to bring you a quick shop update.  

I have started on a new themed line of stitch markers.  These markers are made from polymer clay beads that look like various prescription drugs.  (Disclaimer: They are simply meant to be fun, not to support drug use)  I often hear people I knit with talk of being 'addicted' to knitting or about knitting being their 'therapy' or drug, so here you go!
 This first set is a set of five little vicodin.  :-)  Aren't they awesome?  I just love how they turned out.
 This next set is 5 capsule style pills.  I love how they came out too and they are varnished to look shiny just like real prescription capsules.
 I also did a 'mixed baggie' set with a few of each for the person who wants to really party with their knitting.  ;-)
 I can't believe how real they look!  I've had so much fun dreaming up this set that I think I will continue this theme.  I have a few more ideas up my sleeve, but if there was a particular drug you would want to see as a stitch marker, what would it be?
Stop on by my etsy if you want to pick up a set!  Also, I will be at Fiber Christmas in July the last weekend in July at the Creek County Fairgrounds in Kellyville, OK.  I will post a whole bunch more info on that soon!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for giving me the chance to help you out with your vision. This is such a cute idea and I just love working with you. :-)