Sunday, February 8, 2009

Semi-Retraction

I have had many conversations over the last few days.  And I admit I acted based solely on feelings of hurt and anger.  I tend to get riled up and its been quite a week.  I am sure that Shelley can understand emotional roller-coasters as it appears we have both sat through close family funerals this week.  I have heard many different stories, some that all line up and some that don't.  I have had conversations with both sides.  And I still don't know how to feel.  I no longer believe that her transgendered status was the only reason my friend was asked not to return to Loops but I also still wonder if it was a factor in the complaints received about her.  I hate the bickering that has started and perhaps I should have waited until I was calmer to post.  I do appreciate the open dialog that some of you were willing to have, which happened more by e-mail than by blog comments, so as I mentioned before, please e-mail me if you would like to discuss something.   I will continue to talk to my friend and i would like to continue to knit with her also.  I, myself, will be taking a break from Loops.  I am not telling anyone else what to do, I just want a break.  From all of this.  Come on people, we all just want to knit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Let this mess just die. It's not doing anyone any good.