Sunday, June 19, 2011

Very Late, Very Brief San Diego

This was the view from my hotel room.  My very comfortable, very wonderful hotel room.

More from the hotel room.  Really there wasn't much else besides conferencing going on, so I did the occasional admiring of the view.

More.

Other than the conference, I did manage to run down to the outlet mall on the border and get a bit of shopping in.  Oh and there was the wonderful dinner at Oceanaire Seafood.  Yum.  And the wonderful dinner at Roy's (Hawaiian fusion).  And a visit to my old friends Pinkberry & In & Out.  Dad and I managed to get up way early a couple mornings for some nice long walks along the water.

Our conference had a party one night on this retired aircraft carrier.  It was a pretty good time and neat to wander around and look at the displays.  

So, that was a super brief recap of San Diego.  It was actually a really good conference and I enjoyed most of my classes.  It was just too brief a time.  

Sorry for the very late, very disjointed post.  Getting ready for even more crazy goings on.  And I still owe you an update on Shakedown in T-Town.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Even if it was a work trip, it looks like you made the best of it. Lovely photos too! I would give just about anything to take a few long walks by the water. We are SO overdue for a vacation!

Z of ZKNITZ said...

The view is sometimes the best part of any trip!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!