Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Awesomeness

I had a great birthday on sunday and got some excellent knitting loot. :-) I am now the proud owner of 2 sets of Bamboo Double Pointed needles in 12 sizes. One set is 5" double points and one set is 7" double points. YAY! I was tired of having to look up and see which sizes I had and which were missing and trying to substitute and blah, blah, blah. 2 sets in 12 sizes is A LOT of needles, btw. :-) I also got pretty much all of the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee books that I didn't have and 3 pattern books. One book is all glove patterns. There are some really neat ones in there and I am super excited to try them out. So now I just have to finish up one last super secret gifty item and I can move on to all of this exciting new knitting. Or I can pick up some old stuff I've been really wanting to work on. I have been desperately wanting to get back to socks, but all of this "necessary" knitting kept getting in the way. I should give up gift knitting in 2010. Hmmm, have to think on that more. Anyway, I have also been super-feeling the lace knitting recently, so I want to get back to some of that too. Maybe I am on a tiny needles kick. Anyway, thats enough typing for now, on with the actual knitting!

No comments: