Skip to main content

All the Goings On

It's been a quiet week for blogging, mostly because there is so much going on, I wasn't sure what to write about. That and not having the time to sit down for more than 10 minutes a day really kills the blogging mojo. So here is a quick and dirty update on all the things swirling around right now.

Today I am going to the Tulsa State Fair to see if I placed with any of my entries. I know there were about a zillion entries into the Adult Accessories Other category for knitting, so I don't hold a lot of hope there. There were many far more complicated shawls than mine that were entered, so I really just hope to see that one displayed. The baby afghan, on the other hand, I really was crossing my fingers on. It's just so cool looking. But I heard that a friend of mine's baby afghan got the blue ribbon, so I am hoping to find red or white or something. If not, there is always next year and maybe I will do better about planning in advance.

Meanwhile in current knitting I am undergoing the journey of 1000 coasters. Ok, so it's not really 1000. It's not even 100. More like 50. But it feels like a zillion. And they have to be done by october 10th. At least I have help from the lovely Rori. :-) To know why all the coaster knitting, you'll have to come to Indie Emporium. Hint: you really want to be one of the first 50 people in the door that Friday night! (I will be glad when they are all done though, I would really like to get back to knitting stock)

Working on a SomerKnits logo. I'm not so good at that part of the process, so help is always welcome.

It has gotten cool here in Oklahoma and it is definitely shawl weather most days right now. I am inspired to pick back up the Everyway Wrap that I started last year as a knit along with the Tulsa Knitters group. I need to check in with everyone else to see if anyone actually finished theirs yet.

Ok, less typing more knitting! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ridiculously Easy 3x3 hat

So I was on my way out the door to the St. Louis Cardinals game a couple nights ago when I realized I didn't have any purse size knitting on hand. I grabbed a ball of bernat chunky and a pair of size 10 16" circs out of my travel bag and stuffed them into my purse to contemplate at the game. I wanted something so super easy that by the time the game started I wouldn't have to think about it. I feel almost silly sharing this pattern, but I figured why not. So here is the hat: I don't really intend to turn up the edge to make a brim, but my model had trouble keeping it on otherwise. Its really stretchy and should fit almost any adult head. Its long enough to cover your ears, so if you really want a brim, go ahead and flip up the edge. Ok, here goes the pattern: Ridiculously Easy 3x3 Hat Yarn: I used Bernat Chunky Needles: Size 10 16" Circs or preferred method of knitting in the round CO 60 stitches and join for knitting in the round. Work in 3x3 rib for 7 inche

The Illy Cowl & Pattern

I was inspired by the fabulous Ilene of Much Love, Illy and her love for mustard colored accent pieces, so when she very patiently dealt with my first blog advertising endeavor, I decided to send her a little something.  I had some designs floating around in my head, but this one spoke to me as really being her style, so the Illy Cowl was born.  (picture stolen from Ilene, with her permission of course)  Here's a couple close-ups.  It's an easy, fairly open lace-work pattern that looks far more complicated than it actually is.  It's also lightweight and comfortable on.    I played around and took some pics before I mailed it off.  Last week I worked on a purple version, which I inadvertently made wider than the original.  (Nothing like screwing up your own pattern, huh?)  I forgot that I only put one repeat of garter rows between the lace repeats, oh well.  The mix up caused me to run out of yarn in the middle of THE VERY LAST ROW.  Sooooo frustrating!  And it was during

GIVEAWAY!!!

As many of you know, I love working with hand dyed yarn.  I especially love Farm Girl Fiber yarn!  Bridgette has an eye for color and has a lot of fun with what she does.  That is why I am so super thrilled that Farm Girl Fiber is sponsoring this giveaway in honor of my opening an etsy shop!   Before the goods, a recap:  I made this Acorn Head hooded cowl for myself on Christmas this year.  I've known pretty much since I bought the yarn exactly what it was going to be, I just had to find time to do it.  This cowl was out of my FGF birthday yarn!  You can't tell in the picture, but it has just this hind of sparkle to it.  Love! I made 2 of these for two different swaps and I really wish I had made and kept one for myself while she still had the yarn!  It was so super soft and super bulky and fantastic!  Sometimes Farm Girl Fiber has very limited lots of things, so if you find something you love, you really need to snatch it up.  My whole Monday night knitting group went mad ov