Skip to main content

Chunky Blue Bow Cowl (and babbling about the snow)

This particular Chunky Bow Cowl is a nice deep grey blue, almost denim color.
 The bow runs horizontally on this one instead of vertically and I accented it with some of the winter white from the last chunky bow cowl.  
 These are so fun to make because the yarn is so soft.  Its a wool blend, so even though the knitting is fairly open, it will still keep you fairly warm.
 The coordinating bow is easier to see in person, in the pictures it kind of blends in.  
 I listed it in my etsy shop last night.  No matter what that groundhog said, winter is not over.  They are saying the snow here where I am will be sticking around a couple weeks. (booooo)  
 Once again, forgive the knitter trying to pretend to be both photographer and model all at the same time.
The predicted extended stay of the snow is good for you if you want to order something from my shop.  As I mentioned yesterday, if you order before the snow melts, use code BLIZZ211 for 10% your total purchase.  

I got a ride to work yesterday and I am doing it again today.  Who knows when the next time the tiny thing I drive can get out of the garage is.  I'm glad that monday night before all of this hit I filled up the tank and promptly came home and parked it in the garage.  So many people have been having dig their cars out.  Its great to hear the stories of people helping each other out, though.  The dogs are finally resigned to the fact that the icky cold white stuff isn't leaving.  Don't get me wrong, snow is beautiful, it just really interferes with my life.  For example, knitting and drinking on saturday is cancelled!  Canceled!  :-(  Its such a great group and we always have to much fun together.  I hope that we get to reschedule for later this month but it can be so hard with everyone's individual schedules.  

And then there is the mail.  We haven't had mail since monday.  It would be nice to get the mail.  (I love mail.  If you ever want to send me mail, I'd be happy to send you my address)  I am fairly certain that in addition to anything fun, there will also be bills in the mail, and it would be good if they were not late just because I hadn't gotten them.  

In other news, I participated in 4 Silly Questions on Wattlebird.  If you have never read Annie's blog before, you should check it out.  She is also a knitter and makes really cute stuff.  :-)

Well, I would say I am looking forward to the weekend, but since I am not exactly sure what the weekend holds or how we plan to get around, I'll just say I am looking forward to a little more knitting.  Please, please snow, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ridiculously Easy 3x3 hat

So I was on my way out the door to the St. Louis Cardinals game a couple nights ago when I realized I didn't have any purse size knitting on hand. I grabbed a ball of bernat chunky and a pair of size 10 16" circs out of my travel bag and stuffed them into my purse to contemplate at the game. I wanted something so super easy that by the time the game started I wouldn't have to think about it. I feel almost silly sharing this pattern, but I figured why not. So here is the hat: I don't really intend to turn up the edge to make a brim, but my model had trouble keeping it on otherwise. Its really stretchy and should fit almost any adult head. Its long enough to cover your ears, so if you really want a brim, go ahead and flip up the edge. Ok, here goes the pattern: Ridiculously Easy 3x3 Hat Yarn: I used Bernat Chunky Needles: Size 10 16" Circs or preferred method of knitting in the round CO 60 stitches and join for knitting in the round. Work in 3x3 rib for 7 inche

The Illy Cowl & Pattern

I was inspired by the fabulous Ilene of Much Love, Illy and her love for mustard colored accent pieces, so when she very patiently dealt with my first blog advertising endeavor, I decided to send her a little something.  I had some designs floating around in my head, but this one spoke to me as really being her style, so the Illy Cowl was born.  (picture stolen from Ilene, with her permission of course)  Here's a couple close-ups.  It's an easy, fairly open lace-work pattern that looks far more complicated than it actually is.  It's also lightweight and comfortable on.    I played around and took some pics before I mailed it off.  Last week I worked on a purple version, which I inadvertently made wider than the original.  (Nothing like screwing up your own pattern, huh?)  I forgot that I only put one repeat of garter rows between the lace repeats, oh well.  The mix up caused me to run out of yarn in the middle of THE VERY LAST ROW.  Sooooo frustrating!  And it was during

GIVEAWAY!!!

As many of you know, I love working with hand dyed yarn.  I especially love Farm Girl Fiber yarn!  Bridgette has an eye for color and has a lot of fun with what she does.  That is why I am so super thrilled that Farm Girl Fiber is sponsoring this giveaway in honor of my opening an etsy shop!   Before the goods, a recap:  I made this Acorn Head hooded cowl for myself on Christmas this year.  I've known pretty much since I bought the yarn exactly what it was going to be, I just had to find time to do it.  This cowl was out of my FGF birthday yarn!  You can't tell in the picture, but it has just this hind of sparkle to it.  Love! I made 2 of these for two different swaps and I really wish I had made and kept one for myself while she still had the yarn!  It was so super soft and super bulky and fantastic!  Sometimes Farm Girl Fiber has very limited lots of things, so if you find something you love, you really need to snatch it up.  My whole Monday night knitting group went mad ov