Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Momentary Gushing

I love wrapping. I like to try and make big elaborate bows. And I am clumsy at it sometimes. I also like each package to look unique and I often run out of ideas before I am done. But this year I am inspired! I had some great help on sunday at the make:Tulsa Christmas party getting started. I wrapped and Erin of Sunshine and Carousels made toppers and bows for me. And now I am home and ready to tackle some more myself. But wait! She is still helping me. See, this year she is writing a Ribbons and Bows series on her blog, so if you are looking for DIY wrapping that looks almost too amazing to want to open, go and check out part 1 here and part 2 here. The second post especially made me want to drop everything and go wrap some more presents. Eventually I will post some pics of the ones I had help with and the ones I do myself. Christmas is extra fun with pretty, pretty packages!

2 comments:

nekkidknitter said...

Did you see the link I posted a few days ago, about things to do with leftover wrapping paper? One was how to make bows out of magazine pages, and another was how to make bows out of wrapping paper. They were really cool!

Knit-O-Matic said...

Merin, I did see your post! I had seen the bow out of wrapping paper in Whole Living magazine and I think its really clever. I have yet to try it though. I have yet to do much that I thought I would do this week.