Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Commission and a Treat for Me!

I finished another commission last night.  I know it is going to be gifted, but since I am fairly certain the recipient does not read my blog (and has never heard of me) I am going to post pictures anyway.
 It is a basic winter white seed stitch infinity scarf/cowl.  I used size 11 needles and cast on 121 stitches, then I just worked in seed stitch until it was a little over 8 inches wide.  The alpaca yarn I used is soft and drapes luxuriously.  Laying down the final product is 8 inches wide by 25 inches long (so it's 50 inches around).  If you hold it up the weight of the yarn lengthens it a bit.  
 It's the perfect length for wearing loosely doubled.  It is loose enough I bet you could stretch it to a third wrap, but then you would lose all of that fabulous drape and I don't think it would look as nice. 
 The purse I ordered on Etsy came yesterday!  Fabulous.  It's a grey color with either a tan or a pinky tan thread running through it.  I actually thought it was just going to be light grey, but thats ok.  I am in to bows right now, so I really love it.  It feels very durable and is lined and has a few pockets inside.  I got the small size to try and keep myself from carrying as much stuff.  Eventually I may have to break down and buy the large size too.  In a different color, or course.  Anyhow, it is all packed up and ready to go to work with me today!!
The end of my evening last night was spend working an a hunter green Regular Guy hat.  This wool I am working with feels like it is going to be very warm!  I should have it done this evening and listed in my shop!  Its kind of exciting to have a shop.   If you haven't had a chance to go look yet, please take a moment to do so.  I only have 4 things listed right now, and they are all cowls, but I will keep adding slowly.  I still need to perfect my shop policies and work on banners and buttons and all of those other complicated things.  Its hard because the more time I spend photo editing and playing on the computer is less time I spend knitting.  It occurred to me yesterday that I opened my etsy shop on 1/11/11.  I wonder if that will be good luck?

5 comments:

Amanda K said...

That cowl turned out so nicely! I love seed stitch things, but sometimes they just feel so tedious to knit. And that bag is super cute! I went and found the shop on Etsy. Now I want one!

Knit-O-Matic said...

You should totally get one, I absolutely love it.

I do love the look of seed stitch and I have gotten fairly fast at it. I think I will make a couple of these giant seed stitch cowls for my etsy shop. I always think that nice creamy winter white looks really classy. I'm just not brave enough to wear much white myself.

Sandy a la Mode said...

the cowl turned out very well!! and i LOVE that bag esp. b/c i am a bow addict!!

Knit-O-Matic said...

I am totally in to bows right now too. LOVE bows. I've been imagining some knitting designs with big bows...

juneangel said...

Bows are awesome. They are feminine and tailored all at the same time. Not foofy. :D